Adding devices to CDJ
CDJ automatically loads the device files it needs at startup to control your CD
changers. You may however want to control additional pieces of equipment such as
receivers, mini-disc players, and tape decks which can be integrated with CDJ using event maps. In order to do this, you need to tell CDJ the
devices you intend to use by specifying the device files which contain the commands for
these pieces of equipment and also specify how these devices are connected to the Slink-e
(i.e which IR or S-Link port they are on).
OK, how do I add a device?
- In the CDJ menu, select the View | Options item to bring up the options
- Select the Devices tab.
- Click the Add... button to add a new device
- Click the Browse for device file button to locate the device file
appropriate for your equipment
- Type a short name in the Device Name field that wish to use when
commanding this device. No spaces are allowed in the name!
- If the device file supports multiple device IDs (like the Sony VCRs and CD changers do),
you can select the appropriate ID number from the drop down list. Otherwise leave this set
- If you have more than one Slink-e, you can select which Slink-e this device is connected
to from the drop down list.
- Next, check the boxes for the port(s) the Slink-e should use to talk to the device. A
couple of points:
Hit the OK button to load the device.
You can verify that the device has been loaded and view its commands by looking at the
port to which it is attached in the Devices tab in CDJ player window (if
in stand-alone mode) or the View | Slink-es dialog of SlinkeServ (if in
|IR devices should only be connected to IR ports, S-Link devices only to S-Link ports|
|If you are unsure which IR ports to use, you can just check them all without doing any
|You need to check at least one port or else the device won't be connected to anything.|